- 1 kilo whole chicken, cut into serving pieces
- 1 piece medium-sized unripe papaya, peeled and sliced
- 1 table spoon of chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons ginger, julienned
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 5 cups water
- 1/2 cup malunggay leaves or chili leaves
- 3 tablespoons oil
In a casserole, heat oil and saute garlic, ginger, and onion until soft. Add the chicken pieces and stir-fry for about 3 minutes. Add water,stock powder and season with fish sauce and pepper.
Bring to a boil then lower the heat and simmer until the chicken is tender. Add in the papaya and simmer for another 5 minutes or until the papaya is tender.
Remove from heat, put in the malunggay or chili leaves and cover to allow the leaves to cook. Serve hot
note use also carrot to cook with the soup for some extra flavor.