- 200 gram bean sprouts
- 2 cm of fresh ginger chopped
- 200 gram cabbage
- 100 gram carrot strips
- 100 gram of bamboo shoots strips
- 400 gram chicken ( best to take the meat of a whole grilled chicken)
- 50 gram of greens beans sliced
- 4 pieces of garlic chopped
- Handful of chopped basil
- 2 tablets of chicken stock
- 1 table spoon of curry
- For the wrappers:
- 200 g flour
- 50 g of cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of salt
- 400 ml of water
- oil for frying
Preperation of filling
Fry in oil the garlic, ginger and the curry powder , then add the vegetables except the bean sprouts..
Add the chicken and the stock tablets ..3 minutes before add the bean sprouts…fry all till it is crispy and tender. Put in a strainer to drain because we want a dry mixture. Taste it …it most taste a bit salty since a lot of flavor will dissolve during frying. Cool the filling.
Preparation of spring roll wrappers:
1. Sift the flour and cornstarch in a bowl.
2. Add egg, water and salt.
3. Stir until smooth.
4. Possibly add another 1 to 2 tablespoons cold water.
5. Let the batter stand 10 minutes and stir again until smooth.
6. Brush a not very large non-stick frying pan with oil.
7. Spoon 2 tablespoons batter into small.
8. Let the batter over the bottom of the pan run. (the skins should be very thin)
The best way is to pour in the batter when the pan is slightly hot then turn the batter around the pan and pour the left over batter that
Doenst stick back in the batter bowl so you have very thin wrappers now.
9. Bake 16 egg roll skins on a low-tuned heat source on one side of pan to release and top is dry
10. They can not really colors.
11. Allow to cool spring roll wrappers
Place 1 wrapper on a cutting board. Add 3 spoons of filling , With a brush use some glue (water and flour) on the sides and then fold the wrappers like an envelop. First the bottom part then the left and right then role further. See picture.Deep fry the loempia/spring roll at 180 degrees celcius for 5 minutes