- 15 large fresh green hot chilies*
- 3 shallots, sliced
- 9 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp finely sliced fresh galangal (or ginger)
- 1 tbsp sliced fresh lemon grass
- 1/2 tsp finely sliced kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tbsp coriander stems
- 5 white peppercorns
- 1 tbsp roasted coriander seeds
- 1 tsp roasted cumin seeds
- 1 tsp seasalt
- 1 tsp shrimp paste
- Tbsp brown sugar
- 50 gram basil leaves
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 juice from lime
Green Curry is a popular Thai dish and served in every restaurant in Thailand. Besides green curry we have yellow, red, Massaman, Khing and Panang curry. Green curry has the same chili taste like the red curry only difference is that the green curry also has a beautiful sweetness . If we want to make a curry we need a curry paste .This is a paste from herbs and spices grinded in a mortar. So I will post how to make the paste in this part. And the next part will be the actual curry dish . Go to your local Asian shop for the ingredients you can not buy in the Supermarket. Although these days you can easily buy a green curry paste ready to use there is nothing better then grinding your own fresh curry paste
Combine coriander seeds, cumin and peppercorn in a mortar, pound well. Transfer to a bowl and put aside.
- Pound hot chilies and salt together well. Add the remaining ingredients except shrimp paste, pound until mixed well.
- Add the cumin mixture and shrimp paste, continue pounding until smooth and fine..