- 3 ripe advocados, peeled and pitted
- 1 red onion very small chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 lemon (juice of it)
- 1 roma tomato unseeded and finely chopped
- 3 table spoons chopped coriander
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 small chili chopped
- 2 table spoons cream cheese
Avocado and Guacamole
This recipe is slighty older then me. Guacamole or avocado dip is from Mexican origen. The Azteks made this in the 16th century. Although avocados not gained popularity in Europe …for me avocado’s are amazingly tasty if you prepare them well. People who are on a fat free diet should skip the avocado since it holds 42% of our daily value. Use this on your sandwich or serve with taco’s..in mexican food .
The avocado is just like the cinnamon tree a family of the laurel tree, but the avocado tree is the only one who delivers fruit.
The avocado grows on a tree with bright green leaves that retain their color throughout the year. In January, small yellowish green flowers appear on the tree. The fruit itself is shaped like a pear. The size varies according to where the fruit comes from. The color is green or black and the flesh runs from green to yellow.The avocado is one of the few fruits that contain fat. The fat is composed of unsaturated fatty acids and cholesterol-lowering action. Despite the fat is the fruit easy to digest.
Store & durability
Usually offered unripe so it’s best to let the fruit ripen at home, preferably in paper. If you submit them next to apples or bananas they ripen faster. Once fruit is soft to the touch it’s time to eat them. Ripe fruits can be kept about two days but not below 6 ° C.
Avocado is ripe when the fruit with light finger pressure resists
Cut the avocado into lengthwise around the pit. Remove the pit by the first two halves gently twisting. Then you take the pit from the fruit with a spoon. Then peel the two halves with a knife, your fingers or leave them like this as a starter see
Taste & Applications
The taste is nutty . Only at full maturity, the flavor of the soft creamy flesh fully develops. Avocados are almost always eaten raw. They are so delicious to eat or as a salad, for example, with crab, ham and chicken. Guacamole, a typical Mexican dish, is an internationally renowned, spicy avocado puree. If you heat avocado you should not be too long as this will make the flesh a bitter taste.
• If only a half an avocado, leave the pit in it then, if it in the refrigerator, it keeps its color.
• The avocado is actually a complete meal, because the fruit proteins, starch, fat and three vitamins, A, B and C. Vegetarians will especially appreciate this fruit, because the proteins.
• Avocados or guacamole mousse does not turn grey when you put the pit in the mousse.
• Sprinkle it with lemon juice immediately to prevent staining.
• Speed up the ripening of the fruit by putting it in a plastic bag together with an apple, pear or banana (at room temperature). These fruits are off ethylene gas that promotes ripening of an avocado.
• do not heat the fruit, the taste of the fruit will be bitter.
Nutritional values per 100 g
• Energy: Kjl 874, 190 Kcal
• Protein: 2.0 g
• Iron: 4 mg
• Carbohydrates: 1.8 g
• Sodium: 3 mg
• Calcium: 11 mg
• Fat: 19.5 g
• Fiber: 4.3 g
• Vitamin C: 6 mg
In a food processor or blender, combine all ingredients except tomato. Pulse several times until you reach the desired consistency. It can be as smooth as youlike. Stir in tomato. Cover and chill in refrigerator at least 30 minutes.