- For 1 LITER
- 1 liter full cream milk
- 200 gram sugar
- 100 gram egg yolk (pasturized preferable)
- 80 gram custard powder
- 1 vanilla stick
- 10 gram cream butter
Cream pudding is also known under the name crème pâtissière (French) or patisserie cream (English) . It is used in different products like cakes,pies,bread,desserts .These days you have the ready to use or powders but it is much tastier to make your own .
- Measure cup
- Weight scale
- Heat source
- Cooking pan
- Mixing bowl
- Place milk in a pan with half of the sugar
- Cut the vanilla stick in the length so you have 2 parts
- Scrape the vanilla seeds out and put them in the milk
- Add the stick also into the milk
- Bring everything to a boil
- Mix the egg yolk,custard with the rest of the sugar in a bowl
- Whisk it till it gets foamy
- Add boiling milk bit by bit into the mixture (keep whisking)
- Putt everything back into the cooking pan through a strainer and place it back on the heat source
- Keep stiring and as soon as it start to boil take it off the heat source
- Place everything on a big plate or flat dish with plastic underneath.
- Use the butter ontop of the cream so no skin will form.
Custard powder is a ready to use product. You can also use corn starch or flour instead ..flavor and thickness will be different.
When using flour add half of the flour with the egg yolk use a bit of milk to disolve the rest of the flour add all back in the mixture. Handle the rest as above.