Fish fond certainly needed in every kitchen or home who does a lot with sea food. It gives a beautiful taste and so much body to your fish sauce or your dish . Fish fond is easy to make and will not take much time.
|Basic knowledge part V fish fond||
- 6 kilo fish bones and cuts from fish
- White mirepoix :
- 400 gram onion
- 400 gram blancing celery
- 400 gram white of leek
- 10 pieces parsley stems
- 3 pieces bay leaf
- 5 gram thyme
- 10 gram crushed white pepper
- 1 liter white wine
- 1 deciliter lemon juice
- 10 liter cold water
1. remove the gills from the heads,remove blood
2. chop it with a big batter and wash after.
3. Fry the mirepoix
4. put the bones on the mirepoix and fry for few minutes
5.Blush the mirepoix with the white wine and the lemon
6.add cold water and bring slowly to boil point. Remember not to boil remove all
excess fat and foam that comes on the surface.
7. cook it against boiling point for not longer then 30 minutes
8. put the fond through a strainer with a cloth inside
9. keep it in the fridge..when cold portion and freeze it.
–as base fluid/ingredient for soups,sauces,salpicons,fish dishes
– as a poach liquid for fish dishes
- A fish fond can not be longer cooked then 30 min. Otherwise extraction parts come out the bones that will give the fond an unpleasant taste “bitter”
- use fish with lots of flavour
- use white dry wine