- 500 gram of Pork belly (liempo)
- 500 gram of Pork but (kasim)
- 1 1/4 Cup of soy sauce (good brand)
- 3 Whole garlic peeled & chopped
- 1 Small onion ( make puree in blender)
- 1 table spoon of lemon juice
- Cup of Sprite
- 1 table sp. Ground black pepper
- 6 table sp. Dark brown sugar
- 1.1/4 Cup of Banana ketchup
- 1 Tsp. salt
Use this recipe as a guideline for your own flavor to find your balance of sweetness. You can also change the sprite to pine apple juice.
To make this pork bbq is very easy.
add all ingredients and in a bowl. Cut pork in the size you want ( 2,5 cm ). Soak for at least 3 hours ( soaking overnight will be tastier but the high content of sugar will harden the pork a bit so if you want to soak overnight add the sugar the next morning. soak your satay skewers or bamboo skewers in water ( this prevent the stick from burning) and add 4-5 pieces on a stick
Keep the marinade in a bowl. When grilling brush with a food brush the pork
Grill on a charcoal bbq for the perfect flavor.
the reason why we use pork belly and pork butt is to get the right mixture of fat and lean meat.