Here a nice recipe for an entree or as lunch served with green salad. Perfect combination of fresh cheeses with vegetables ,bacon fresh thyme. This signature dish will be the friend of every guest.
|cheese & zucchini filo pie||
- 75g cream Butter
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 small zucchini
- 100g fresh goat cheese, finely crumbled
- 100g cubes of smoked bacon
- 2 th.spn. chopped fresh thyme
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 6 sheets thick filo pastry
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts (roasted)
- green salad, for serving
- Melt 25g butter in a frypan and sauté onion,bacon and zucchini until softened, cool. Combine ricotta, goat cheese, eggs,fresh thyme, pepper and cooked onion mixture in a bowl.
- Melt remaining butter. Place a sheet of filo pastry on a clean bench and brush with melted butter, top with a second sheet of filo, brush with butter and top with a third sheet. Repeat with remaining filo and butter to create two stacks of three sheets. Cut each stack into 6 squares and push into 12 x 1/3 cup capacity buttered muffin pans.
- Divide ricotta mixture between each muffin pan and sprinkle with pine nuts. Tuck in overhanging filo pastry and brush with remaining melted butter. Bake at 180°C for 20-25 minutes or until golden and cooked. Stand for 5 minutes before inverting onto a cooling rack. Serve warm or at room temperature with green salad.
filo can be bought at your specialty shop or ask any major retailer.